Public Consignor Rules
Our Fall/Winter 2012 sale will be held at
2130 Redwine Road, Fayetteville, GA 30215
Friday August 17th (drop off & pre-sale)
Saturday August 18th, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
We will close at 12pm and reopen at 12:30 for the 1/2 price sale until 2:00 pm
- All clothing must be on hangers. Please do not bend the hangers to fit the clothes. If items are to be sold as a set, they must be securely fastened together. When the clothing is facing you, the open side of the hanger should be on the left (like a question mark).
- Sizes must be NUMERIC (6mo, 2T, etc.), NOT small, medium, etc.
- Tags should be made of stiff paper (cardstock or index cards) and placed on the upper left shoulder. Use safety pins ONLY to secure the tags to the clothing. DO NOT USE straight pins. If straight pins are used then the times will NOT be accepted.
- A minimum of $.50 should be charged for each item. If you DO NOT plan to sell you items at half price, you must use a highlighter to "color" over the price of each item. All items NOT high-lighted will be sold at half price. These items must also be marked in increments ending in $.50 or$.00.
- You must have a total of at least $25 worth of items in order to consign
- Any item over $10 must be listed on your Consignor Information Sheet in order to get paid for the item.
- T-shirts and onesies should be in zip lock type bags with a tag taped on the front of the bag
- Shoes should be secured together. It is not necessary to place them in a ziploc bag, but it is very helpful to keep them together.
Set Up / Drop Off
- Items must be dropped off on Friday between 12:00 pm and 5:00 pm. No items will be accepted after this time period. The door will shut promptly at 5:00 pm and no one else will be permitted to check in.
- A Consignor Information Sheet must be completed and checked before your items can be placed out on the sale floor. This is to ensure you have the correct consignor number and that YOU get the proper credit due.
- A SMOMC member will check your items upon check in and will return any unacceptable items. Unacceptable items include but are not limited to: Drop-side cribs, expired car seats, stained or over worn clothing, underwear of any sort, non-nursery related hom decor, health and beauty products and grab bags of miscellaneous "Happy Meal" type toys. The SMOMC member checking in your items will have the final say if an item is accepted or not.
- Once your items are checked and accepted you will be responsible for hanging and placing your own items on the sale floor in the correct location.
- are allowed in the building during set up. This is for their safety.
- Follow instructions of club members please! Listen carefully to unloading and parking instructions. You will be permitted to unload near the building, but then you much move your vehicle to the outer parking space. Once you move your vehicle, return to the building and put your items on the sale floor. This gives everyone a chance to unload as close to the building as possible.
- SMOMC is NOT responsible for missing items, items you are not able to locate during pickup, or items you claim to have sold. SMOMC will no longer reimburse you for these items.
- The pre-sale is for public consignors only, however, this year each public consignor will be given TWO tickets, so you may bring a guest to shop with you that evening. It will be held on Friday from 7pm to 8:30 pm. All consignors will be given the two entry tickets when they check in at set up.
- No pulling, moving or hiding items in undisclosed areas during set up. If this is discovered you will be asked to leave and could result in the loss of your consignor number.
- If you are not a SMOMC member, you must leave the building at 5:00 pm and returen later for the pre-sale.
- All items must be paid for AND removed from the building on Friday night. Any items left will be put back out on the sale floor on Friday morning.
- It is recommended that you bring your own sticky notes to place on "SOLD" items. You must have "SOLD" and your consignor number on the label; place this label on large equipment that you do not wish to carry around with you, but that you ARE buying. The club is NOT responsible if a sticky note falls off, is lost, or not seen, and the item is purchased by another consignor. Labels work much better and are more of a guarantee that they will stick.
- Empty strollers will NOT be permitted into the building for use as a shopping cart. Please feel free to bring any bags, wagons, or baskets to carry your items for purchase
- Items not sold CANNOT be pulled off of the floor prior to 2pm on Saturday.
- Consignors are responsible for checking racks, tables, floors, etc., for items not sold during the sale. Items not picked up by 2:45pm will be donated to a local charity at the discretion of SMOMC.
- You MUST check out at the Consignor Check Out table. A club member must see all items over $10 prior to leaving the building. They will also go through the items you are removing to ensure the items match you consignor number.
COMMISSION RATES FOR ITEMS SOLD:
SMOMC OFFERS THE BEST COMMISSION % OF ALL OTHER LOCAL CONSIGNMENT SALE!!
Consignors receive 75% of the total from items sold.
Thank you for choosing to consign with us.
We look forward to a very successful sale with you!